I just got back from the Bulletproof conference and I wanted to share some of my thoughts, experiences, and tips with you. Here was the intro video for you to get a taste of what we saw:
First off, I’ve got to hand it to Dave Asprey and the entire team of people behind The 2016 Bulletproof Conference! They did an amazing job putting together an event unlike anything I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to many.
If you are new to biohacking, please check out Dave’s website, www.bulletproofexec.com to learn more.
As a first time attendee of the event, it was my intention to attend #bpcon2016 and learn from some of the brightest minds in the biohacking space as well as to connect with like-minded people.
To be surrounded by 2500+ biohackers who are all there to optimize themselves (and the world around them) is something you just have to see and feel. There were famous producers, entrepreneurs, engineers, doctors, and people from all over the world looking to live their best lives.
Being a biohacker/biotuner can seem like a lonely road at times, it often results in strange looks from people who I lovingly refer to has “bio-slackers”.
There was an amazing lineup of speakers such as Dave Asprey, John Gray, Bo Eason, and Gerald Pollock to name a few. Each one of them highlighted key biohacks to help shift our physiology into a state of healing, regeneration, and bliss.
Contrary to what some might think, biohacking is not expensive or unattainable by the average person. In fact, most hacks are free – you just have to do them. Much of biohacking is honoring our body’s needs through simple lifestyle and environmental changes. These changes have been proven to result in better mental health, physical health, relationships, success, and athletic performance.
Here are 15 FREE or low-cost changes that you can make to start hacking/tuning your health:
- Know your chronotype (read The Power of When by Michael Bruess)
- Practice daily gratitude
- Volunteer with an organization that you are passionate about
- Follow your passion
- Give 3-6 second hugs and really feel a connection with that person
- Ground (walk barefoot on Earth) and spend time in nature
- Manage your circadian rhythm
- Replace all toxic cleaning products in your home with non-toxic ones
- Drink filtered water
- Practice a ketogenic/low carb diet to balance blood sugars and insulin
- Rebound for 3-5 minutes per day
- Have a deep breathing and meditation practice
- Maintain healthy relationships/communication and have frequent encounters with those who share your core values
- Take time to understand the opposite sex (Read Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars by Dr. John Gray)
- Remove all GMO (those sprayed with Roundup) foods from your diet, eventually move towards an organic, whole food Bulletproof diet
If you’re doing all/most of the above hacks and want to try some more advanced strategies, consider these 15 investments below:
- Functional lab testing (find out your nutrient deficiencies, heavy metal toxicities, hormone levels, etc)
- Supportive supplements based on lab testing or strategy
- Sunlighten infrared sauna or Biomat infrared mat
- LED light pads
- Grounding sheets or mats
- Cold laser therapy
- Home and office air purifiers
- Irlen lenses
- Blue light blocking glasses
- Home lighting alterations such as changing the color of light bulbs
- Exogenous ketones or Brain Octane
- Vibration plate
- Float tank therapy
- Muse meditation headband
- Attending conferences with like minded people (ie. Bulletproof 2017)
As you can see, there are many steps that you can do to move your health and performance in the right direction.
Thank you once again to the Bulletproof Team for putting together such amazing speakers, vendors, and attendees. I look forward to attending many more events in the years to come!