[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/circleofdocs/COD_021__Troy_Van_Biezen_The_Chiropractor_to_The_Worlds_Elite_Golfers.mp3″ title=”Dr. Troy Van Biezen: The PGA Tour Chiropractor of the Year” artist=”Circle of Docs” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Chiropractic Podcast Summary: Do you have aspirations to work with athletes? How about professional golfers? If so, then you will love this interview. We sit down with Dr. Troy Van Biezen and talk everything chiropractic and professional golf. Dr. Van Biezen is the personal coach and Chiropractor to a handful of the leading professional golfers today. Names such as Zack Johnson, Ricki Fowler, Nick Watney and the world’s number one golfer, Jordan Spieth.
We dive into his journey into Chiropractic, how he started working with golfers and what his day to day activities are with these athletes.
Dr. Troy C. Van Biezen DC, ART, BPE, NASM-PES, TPI-CGFI is an Instructor for Active Release Techniques and Member of the ART Elite Doctor Network. This is the highest level an Active Release Doctor can obtain through study, certification and testing with Dr. Michael Leahy, founder and developer of the technique.
Dr. Van Biezen’s extensive knowledge combined with his experience as a professional athlete provides his patients with the most comprehensive and integrative approach to evaluating, treating and rehabilitating from injuries.
His knowledge and expertise for treating injuries and improving sports performance is known locally and nationwide. Athletes throughout North America have sought out Dr. Van Biezen’s expertise to help them recover from injury and improve their performance.
Dr. Van Biezen travels throughout the country teaching health care professionals on Functional Assessment of the Athlete, Injury Care and Enhancement of Sports Performance.
In the office, he treats active individuals as well as professional athletes including athletes from the NFL, AFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, PGA and Web.com Tour. He also treats National and Olympic ranked Gymnasts and Track and Field athletes.
His mission is to provide the highest quality, individualized treatment that yields the fastest results. Period! .
Dr. Van Biezen has been frequently profiled by local media and national publications. Most recently profiled in Golf World, Golf Week, Avid Golfer, DFW Links and Dallas Morning News.
- Chiropractor for the PGA Tour.
- Chiropractor for the Professional Arena Football Team; Dallas Desperados.
- Active Release Doctor for the Dallas Stars.
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Professional Level 2.
- Chiropractor for the National Champion Junior Hockey Team; Texas Tornadoes.
- Chiropractor for the Triple AAA Midget Hockey Team; Dallas Stars.
- Certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Performance Enhancement Specialist.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Has been practicing in the DFW metroplex since 1997.
- Member of the American Chiropractic Sports Council and National Football League Professional Chiropractic Society.
- Member and Instructor for Professional Sports Care.
- Sports Biomechanics Certified*
Dr. Van Biezen was raised in Canada and attended the University of Calgary where he completed his bachelor’s degree in Physical Education while playing junior/college hockey. After completing his degree, he played professional hockey in Europe and upon retirement moved to Dallas to obtain his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from Parker College.